Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wine tasting

I have to admit that on all the cruises I've been on there are plenty of opportunities to sample different wines and I always pass as I don't like wine. But on this one there was Sangria at one of the stops and everyone said it was like fruit juice so I had some and it wasn't bad. Then on another day there was a dry white or sweet white sampler and unfortunately I got the dry white but everyone who got the sweet raved about it so I was wondering...

Then the cruise offered wine tasting 101 for people would had no idea what they were doing. It was $10 so my mom and I signed up and joined the masses of other people who had no clue. It was alot of fun as the presentation was excellent (pic. 1). We had 6 wines to try (pic. 2) and they were all described by the expert who told us how to taste them, what we were looking for and how to make the effect better. He made a nasty face with most of them (even coughing on one) so I know they tasted just as bad to him as they did to me. Only one was palatable to me but I would never go out of my way to drink it.

Even with the wines not tasting that great at least my opinion of them was verified by an expert. And we had a great time! (pic. 3)

No comments: