Sunday, October 25, 2009

Town of Corinth - A really bad Celebrity tour

We then drove to the ancient town of Corinth (pic. 1). Having paid $90 for the tour I stuck with the guide to hear his spiel. It wasn't too bad but after he was done he indicated there was a very small museum with 2 rooms and a couple of items. We had 30 min. to see the rest of the ruins, the museum, use the rest room and cross the road to see the ancient theater. With my broken toe I couldn't cover the ground that quickly. However when I got in the museum I realized that it as fabulous! They had wonderful items on display, all with nice descriptive labels. I had to hurry through and was the last person back to the bus. Here are some pics of items on display. Wow! I could have spent quite a bit of time looking at everything.

Then after he rushed us off he announced we had a shopping stop. Ugh! It was an 3x priced store that everyone agreed was completely useless. We could have easily used the extra 15 min. at Corinth. Back on the bus he announced we were going to stop for a bathroom break at the tourist trap we already stopped at to view the top of the canal. Since there had been bathrooms at Corinth and the shopping stop everyone vetoed the idea and we came back to the ship. Amazing how we had time for two extra shopping stops but he hurried us out of the site after 30 min. that we had spend 6 hours and 30 min. of our day trying to see. What a rip off!

I should have gone to the shore excursion desk to check to see if the shopping was part of the authorized tour but I was too tired and didn't think of it. I will try to do this tomorrow.

No comments: